Saturday, June 12, 2010

Master Bedroom Update





A Master Bedroom serves a number of purposes...A place to sleep and renew the mind & body, a place of refuge when one's home is full of life & people, a retreat for private meditation and a special room set apart from all the others for my Sweetheart & I. With that said...I wanted a space that felt Chic but was a Classic. I Faux painted the walls a bronze-gold with a creamy taupe and the carpet is an antique bronze-gold color. To make the room pop with a bit of old world & modern, I decided to go a Black & White theme, with hints of gold. Alas, I found a "Bed In A Bag" that I really liked and simply looked for complimentary fabrics that I could use for curtains and overstuffed pillows. I detailed items with Black Velvet Ribbon, various Glass Bead Trim in gold and in black, and tried to use a variety of fabrics to add texture...like the black pleather pillow. I'm still working on sewing a few more pillows but I think one can get a general idea. Granted, my vision is more than our budget allows, so the cool bedroom set will have to wait, as will the chandelier light, but I can still utilize little details that add so much to our special retreat! The master bath colors flow right with the bedroom so it all feels like one big space. It's Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment